Answered By: Marc Vinyard Last Updated: May 08, 2015 Views: 286
SWOT is an acronym for strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. SWOT analyses are usually only available for larger, publicly-traded companies.
The databases Business Source Premier and ThomsonONE have SWOT Analyses.
Business Source Premier
Example: I need a SWOT analysis for Pfizer.
Click Company Profiles at the top of the screen
Type pfizer into the box and click browse
Click the link for MarketLine Report
Click SWOT Analysis in the table of contents section
This database can only be searched with Internet Explorer and pop-up blockers need to be turned-off.
- Click the link for Research on the top of the screen
- Click the link for Advanced Research
- Type nflx (the ticker symbol for Netflix) into the search box
- Be sure to select NETFLIX INC;
- Select 1 Last Year for the date with the pull-down menu
- Scroll down to Title and change it to Text with the pull-down menu
- Type swot into the Text box
- Click Search
- In addition to Marketline reports, Globaldata reports are available (another publisher)