Current Pepperdine students, faculty, and staff now have two access options for The Economist through Pepperdine Libraries. The Libraries now has a site subscription to TheEconomist.com as well as access through the Biography in Context database.
We have added a library subscription to Economist.com in fall 2020 and this access includes:
Access the weekly edition of The Economist along with the daily and weekly content and archives at https://www-economist-com.lib.pepperdine.edu/weeklyedition/.
Alternately, you can still use Gale Biography in Context to access The Economist. While the Libraries subscription to TheEconomist.com is fairly intuitive, if choosing to use Gale Biography in Context, you may find the tips below helpful.
The Economist is available from 1988-present. Browse by issue or search within the publication.
1. Login to the Biography in Context database.
2. Click the link for Advanced Search
3. Click the link for Publication Search, type the economist and click search
4. Click the link for The Economist
5. You can browse issues or search for specific keywords from the Economist publication page